Saturday, March 26, 2011

Beginning

Blogging has been around for quite some time now. I decided to start doing it at this point in my online life because Grover, my husband, is deploying to Iraq for a year. I want to create something that I do every day to help him feel that he's not missing anything in our lives. If days go by and we don't get to talk, or he calls in the middle of the night and I'm half asleep, it will be nice for him to be able to see this and know that I've put in all the important details. I also think it will be nice for us to someday look back on and remember how this first deployment experience felt. Everyone else is more than welcome to read the blog, because I think it will also be a nice way for extended family to keep up with us if they wish. I can only imagine that if I do this daily some of what I say will be incredibly boring as not every day in the Smith household is full of thrill and excitement. :) Hopefully I get better at it as I go and find interesting things to do and to write about.
And away we go!

2 comments:

  1. YEA, I AM THE FIRST FOLLOWER ON YOUR BLOG. "YAHOO"
    I AM 65 YEARS OLD AND I AM YOUR FATHER AND THE PETITES ARE MY GRANDSONS AND THIS WILL BE FUN. WHAT A GREAT IDEA KATY, BUT WHY NOT YOU ARE THE BEST.LOVE DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not suprised you're the first :) Probably means you love me the most ;) I don't know how original my idea is, but I'm glad I decided to do it. You should start a blog. I bet that Fox news would pick you up as a contributor... and I mean that as a compliment! Love you!

    ReplyDelete