Monday, May 16, 2011

Time~More? Or Less?

One would think that when you're on your own with a two and three year old, you would not have any time what. so. ever. When there is more than one parent, you have a little more time to yourself seeing as how you're not the one doing everything.

One would think.

As it turns out, I have more time to do things with GJ being gone. There's a really simple explanation for this. I love my husband so much that when he is here, I don't want to do anything but spend time with him and our boys as a family. Possibly some of that tunnel vision is due to the fact that he's gone for long periods of time fairly regularly. The more accurate explanation is that our relationship is the kind of relationship they write books about. True love story. Now I don't get all sappy very often, I might have mentioned that before. :) Tonight, though, as I was doing random things I've been meaning to do forever, I was thinking about how odd it was that I am getting around to it when I thought I'd be so busy I'd hardly be able to get to the things I have to do.

When I had this realization I started thinking about all the things I've wanted to do for a while and that I should really try to do them this year, not only because it'll be good to get some things done, but the busier I am, the fast this time goes. The things I've come up with so far are: clean out the three bay garage(this one I'll need the help of my mama because it will be a CRAZY undertaking I think), the vegetable garden, which I had already planned on doing, steam clean the upstairs carpets, do Isaac's second baby book, organize the videos and pictures into folders on my laptop, take the boys different places so I can take cool pictures of them to send to GJ, and lots of arts and crafts with the boys(admittedly though, I'm not sure what kind of arts and crafts to do with the boys just yet), and of course work out much more than I am normally able to. I was working out daily but the past month has been insane, so I'll be starting over again tomorrow.

I of course have other goals in mind to accomplish while Grover is gone, the biggest being refinancing the house and renovating, but my plan puts me at doing that in August. Which means I have the next two and a half months to concentrate on other smaller projects. Thinking of all this makes me feel much more confident in how fast the time will go until we are together again as a family. Which brings me full circle... While I love that I have time right now to do things that I've been meaning to, and that I'm accomplishing plenty as an individual, I absolutely spend every day happy that I am one day closer to having less time. More, much more time, to spend happily doing nothing at all. Just being together. The four of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment