Thursday, September 15, 2011

R&R revisited

Well, obviously I only made the daily blogging effort until day three and then I totally spaced it. So we'll give you a recap of the highlights.

We went to dinner at Grover's oldest sister's house one night and had pizza with his immediate family. That was a lot of fun. The kids had a good time playing and everyone else just chit chatted and hung out. The boys started preschool while GJ was home. They cried every time we dropped them off, but the first day was the worst. I kept it together until we left Lysander and then I totally cried. GJ made fun of me but I'm allowed to have some emotions sometimes ;) He was here for the first four days they went and by the fourth day it wasn't that bad. We worked out while they were there the first couple of days and I think GJ was trying to torture me. I was so so sore after we worked out. The second two days they went we just went home and had some alone time(I'm not being dirty, we just didn't have much time just the two of us while he was home, so we took advantage.)

Another high light was when we went out with friends on the second saturday he was there. It was a really fun night. Some of our best friends from out of town were in for the holiday weekend so that was really exciting that the timing on that worked out. Some other old friends of our came out too as well as G's littlest sister and a friend of hers. Everyone had a really great time. We went to dinner at our favorite sushi place and then went to a bar called the Red Room... and when we walked in a little before ten pm the bar was completely EMPTY. Everyone started laughing and realized that we were so lame because we all have kids. We stayed there for awhile though and had a good time before heading back downtown and dropping of G's sister and heading out to Ike's for a drink before last call and then to Peppy's for breakfast as is our tradition. When we got home I headed straight to bed but everyone else stayed up for awhile. All I knew is I had to get my kids before noon on Sunday and it was getting dangerously close to 5 am ;)

We went to G's parent's house for Labor day... that wasn't as fun as the kids were in bad moods and didn't particularly want to be there. It would have been better if it wasn't so dang cold outside on Labor day but it sure was. So we were inside. We stayed for awhile but left pretty early. Glad we got to see GJ's grandparents though.

We did a lot of organzing and things to the house while he was home. It was really nice to have him there to do things with me that I had wanted to do for months but needed his help. It was amazing how nice our house looked after we were done. On Wednesday before we left we had my mom and step dad over for dinner with the Stewarts and Fowlers. It was a lot of fun, GJ cooked out on the grill and we had  TON of food. Even with that amount of people there it was still so much. The next night we had the Smiths over and Grandma smith was still in town so she came with them and we had pizza for dinner. That too was a night evening, we made Grandma Smith a cd of music to take with her. Some of it she picked out and some of it GJ already had and put it on there. It was a nice night.

It is AMAZING how quickly the 15 days passed. It was like a blink of an eye and he was gone again. Saying goodbye was really really difficult, especially for the boys. I will save you the blow by blow but they cried all the way home and off and on for the rest of the day. Even though that was hard, I'm still glad he came. I needed the "staycation" more than I even realized. Now of course, I realize that it was just two weeks of preparing me for the next two weeks that I'd need to be extra strong for...

No comments:

Post a Comment