Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year!!! 2012

On January 1st, my brother and Lindsey left to go back to North Carolina, I was sad to see them go, as I always am, but was so happy that they were here for so long and we got to celebrate the holidays and the new year with them. We spent New Years Day as a family not doing too much. The boys both were getting some sort of bug, so it was pretty quiet.

The next day Grover returned to work at Houlihan's and things started getting back to normal. He pretty much closes every day he works so he leaves around 3 or so. It's nice because we at least get to spend the day with him, but sucks because it's not like we always get up and do things early because he gets in so late from work. However, the first week of January I spent getting the kids back into a normal routine in preparation for going back to school. Grover didn't have a car the first four days he worked so I was basically chained to the house as he took mine. Friday was his day off and he went and bought a truck. It's really nice, black Avalanche. The boys thought it was cool too. So the first week of January passed with productivity on my part, happiness of being in a normal routine on the kids part and Grover getting back into the swing of going to work at a civilian job.

Yesterday the kids went back to school with no major meltdowns. In fact, Lysander walked right in and was really happy to be there. Isaac was less excited even though he was the one who had been asking us to go to school for days now. It was another smoothly productive day yesterday and in the evening I watched my best friend's kids, so the boys had a lot of fun playing with them. They even went to sleep right at 9 pm, so that was a REALLY happy event for me. I had a couple hours of quiet time and was asleep before midnight!

As I look into our future, I see the possibility of big changes on the horizon. I won't talk about it on here just yet but I think 2012 will be a turning point in our lives. I also have the distinct possiblity of my husband spending the vast majority of this year with us and not away from us. Every year since Lysander was born GJ has been gone for at least two months out of the year. I don't think we'll do more than like two weeks. Very exciting. :) So many things will happen this year and I'm excited for some, nervous for others, but happy to be going along on our journey. I guess this is the point where I inticingly say "Stay Tuned..... "

No comments:

Post a Comment