Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Approximately 329

About 329 days... About 47 weeks... About 11 months... I can't decide how to keep track of how much time there is left until Grover gets home. It's amazing how your mind can be tricked into thinking there's not very much time left. It differs from person to person. I'd say most people wouldn't count down by days when there's over 300 to countdown from. To me, 11 months sounds like a ridiculously long time because it's still almost a year. 47 weeks doesn't sound too bad. It's not a huge number, under 50, and I know my weeks normally fly by. Still, no matter how you look at it, there's still a REALLY long time until he comes home. I mean, my calender doesn't even go to the month he gets home. There's another point too, we don't even have any idea when exactly he comes home. They always keep the arrival time pretty secret but we don't even have an exact month. April or May. Really? That's like an 8 week time frame!! But I digress.

So 329 days... I need a project for 329 days. Kind of like Julie & Julia when she made Julia Childes recipes and blogged about it for an entire year. Don't worry, I won't bore you with me trying to cook. For a couple reasons but the biggest of which is I have kids and that chick didn't and I am a freaking disaster in the kitchen when I'm trying to cook new things. ;) Still though, to have a constant thing that I'm doing daily that's interesting to me, maybe something I could do with the kids, or at least that I could work around the kids. Some might say that this blog is me doing that, and I agree. I like blogging, and it is going to be interesting after all this is said and done to go back and look at this. Of course I'm probably going to be like "Stick to a subject when you're writing!" and "Stop being so whiney about your husband being gone, man up!" But again, I digress.

I'll tell you what though, when GJ does get back we might have to take a leaf out of those people who I saw on the news a few months back who wrote a book about having sex 365 days a year! ;) **Sorry family members who just read that, unless you're a part of my dad's family or my Aunt Julie and then I'm sure you're laughing quite hard right now**

Anyway, 329, 47, 11... I'm going to just focus on how exciting it is that we are slowly but surely knocking time off this thing. I'm going to try to live in the moment and not wish my life away, but I'll always know APPROXIMATELY how much time we have left until we make HUGE embarrassing signs and wave American flags and I'm annoyed because too damn many family members are attending the coming home ceremony and I tell them all that they can be there but they aren't allowed to speak to my husband until the boys and I have hugged and kissed him as much as we want ;) (I'm only sort of kidding there). Then we have 30 days off to take a vacation and just be together. 30, now there's a number I can be down with!

No comments:

Post a Comment