Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Getting home

For some reason 15 days has become like a theme with me. We had GJ from 15 days, we went to see my dad for 15 days, and today we've been home for 15 days. First we had super fast, then we had super slow, and now I think we are back to normal, though I'll tell you what, things have not slowed down.

The first day we were back I did practically nothing. The next three days though were filled with errands and cleaning, and then a night out, and then a night in with the kids and Stef, and then a day full of relaxation with Stef and Heidar. So the first week flew by. Then the second week was basically spent starting back to preschool and getting ready for Lysander's 4th birthday party.

We also got some good news that Grover is going to be home sometime in November. Which is WAY sooner than we thought originally, so of course that was super exciting. Also a little nerve wrecking because now we have to figure out what we are going to do now with regards to the future. We've worked toward this deployment for so long, so it kind of feels like now what?

I've also started the refinancing process. That is scaring the shit out of me, pardon my french ;) I'm so ready to have this done and over with. We had some estimates already and we had the appraisal done today, so now it's all down to that and how much money we will get. I just pray every time I think about it that it will all work out and we will FINALLY get this done for good. I'm ready to stop having to stress so damn hard about this. One way or another, we will know soon. :)

And that puts me at home for 15 days. Now I have 8 more days til I go to Florida for five days and I'm sure THAT will make for some interesting blog posts ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment