Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lysander's 4th Birthday

Okay, the terrible twos suck... the horrifying threes suck WAY worse. So I had a 2 year old and a 3 year old up until this past Sunday... when Lysander finally turned 4!!! I swear, over night he turned in to the sweetest, most loving, and well behaved little boy!! Of course that could have something to do with the awesome party he was thrown on his birthday ;)

I woke up feeling AWFUL. Thank goodness Stef came over super early to help  me out with everything AND she brought drugs with her left over from her cold so I got through the day without dying. We finished getting the house cleaned up and then decorated and finished food. My mom got here and brought the rest of what we needed and the party started.

Lysander is my kid who is not into crowds for very long. He does it for as long as he can and then he needs some quiet. So I rushed the party along a bit so that he could get through everything before he got crabby. First everyone ate. Of course Lysander didn't want to eat the pulled pork that I made because he liked it, so all the kids had hotdogs. As soon as everyone was done eating, I immediately did presents since he had been asking for them since the first one had been set on the table.


This is only from my mom and Stef and this was when Lysander started wanting to open them!

Unfortunately we made the mistake of opening one of my mom's first and it was Transformer's Play Doh and he didn't want to keep opening, he just wanted to play!

This is my neice Hannah. She looked so insanely adorable at the party. And she was a PERFECT little girl!

This is toward the end of present opening. We were practically lost in wrapping paper. The first thing he did after we finished was ask to play with the play doh!

I had the COLTS game on and they made a good run of it... here the score was 17-0 Colts. They ended up losing anyway, and went 0-4 on Lysander's 4th birthday. Fun Fact: One week before the Colts went to the Superbowl and won, I found out I was pregnant with Lysander.

These were the best cupcakes in the world. S'mores cupcakes from the Flying Cupcake on Mass Ave. Totally the best thing ever.

Everyone was cheering for him for blowing out the candle. He was so sweet. Right after this Daddy finally called and he even talked to Daddy on Skype, which he normally doesn't do. :)

Totally weird but Lysander was all about the cupcake and Isaac who normally has the sweet tooth, took advantage of the Transformer's Play Doh being abandoned for a moment. I like this picture a lot though.

His birthday was a really fun day. Exhausting and now I'm totally sick, but we had a lot of fun. He got some great gifts, and the awesome thing about that is that it's all stuff Isaac can play with too because they are so close in age. Unfortunately since then I've been batteling this cold to no avail, but fortunately Lysander has kept up his incredible "I love you mama" attitude. Wish I could say the same for Isaac, but he never has been as terrible of a two year old as his brother was. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment