Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Daddy's arrival and Easter Weekend

I truly felt like a kid on Christmas Eve on Thursday night. I literally could not fall asleep. That NEVER happens to me anymore. I can fall asleep mid sentence. Thursday night it was a no go. I was only hours away from finally seeing my husband after SIX weeks. Which if you have been following this at all or know me even in passing, you'll know is nothing compared to how much time we are about to spend apart.
So I finally fall asleep and of course then I wake up late the next morning. I rush around the house like a complete mad person getting ready and trying to look amazing. Then I get the boys up and I act like the most obnoxious parent in the world, if they were teenagers they would have cussed me out for being so cheerful as I'm dragging them out of bed. They get dressed and we are off in the car. As soon as we get to the airport and inside I realize the flight is delayed 25 minutes. SERIOUSLY?! Well, little did I know that would be a theme for the weekend, but that'll be included in my next post.
We wait around the not very busy airport(thank God because the petites basically ran around in circles). Then I'm like, okay, we have 10 minutes, let's go potty real quick. So as soon as we are finishing up I get a text that he's landed, and we go rushing out of the restroom and he's already walking out of the terminal. DAMN IT. I wanted to be right there.
The boys were so cute. They were lagging behind me(I was basically in a dead sprint) and Isaac came up and peered up at Grover and looked suspicious. Then he broke into a smile and put his arms up and said "Dada!" In his cute little two year old voice. Lysander on the other hand, came up to be and grabbed my hand and looked and me like he was completely unsure that this was real. Then Grover reached out for him and he let go of my hand and basically my children could not have cared less if I was on the planet for the rest of the weekend. :) Which is to be expected.



Friday was really fun, we all just hung out and played toys and pretty much did nothing. We had pizza and watched a movie and took naps, and just had good old family time. I was blissed out.
Then Saturday roles around and Grover wakes up feeling like complete awfulness. He rallied for the boys and we died Easter eggs and he played outside with Lysander while Isaac was napping.



 We had plans to go out to dinner and buy the kids Easter baskets and by the time we were almost through dinner I was feeling really bad too. We took some meds and went to bed decently early, but low and behold Easter morning roles around and we are basically on our death beds. Gigi and paw paw come over for our Easter breakfast and Grover and I can practically not move. This is not how I wanted Easter day to happen. We cancelled the rest of our plans for Easter and just layed around the house. I tried as hard as I could to make the day okay for the kids but I was just in a lot of pain. I even slept on the couch the last night I would get to sleep in a bed with my husband because I wanted him to get some sleep and I was up and down a million times.
By Monday I'm basically in tears the entire day because I'm sad and I'm still so so so so sick. Grover thank goodness is feeling much better by Monday. So we hang out and he does laundry and packs up and the boys play. Everyone but me is pretty much keeping it together and is all good. I'm going to break here because I feel like the end of the weekend should be a completely different post.
Last thought though, I would much rather have been incredibly sick and and have my husband home than healthy and fine and be without him. The difference in this household and in my children and myself is palpable. Even Raleigh was happier. I do my best while he's gone to make the petites happy and get along  and have fun things to do, but nothing, absolutely nothing can make up for his absence. They relax when he's here. Feel safer when he's here. Laugh more and get along better when he's here. It's amazing the difference. I don't say this to make Grover feel bad for being gone, or anyone else to pity us that we don't have him with us all the time. I'm proud that my husband serves this country. Even though I don't always feel like it, I'm strong enough to do this on my own. My boys are going to get through it and be fine. I say this because I want Grover and everyone else to know exactly how much Grover means to me, to my children and to our happiness. We love him very very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment