Monday, April 11, 2011

Special Day at the Park!

On Sunday we were thinking about finally planting the garden... but then it was 82 degrees and really sunny with a slight breeze and we though going to the park would be SUCH a better idea. A few blocks away is a public park in front of a church. I knew there would probably be some other kids there since it was Sunday and the families go there after service. The petites really love playing with other kids.
We got out the double stroller, which is a really good workout since with the kids in it the thing weighs like 95 lbs. Then to work out even further I ran my butt of chasing the kids around that park. They were both constantly running in opposite directions... strange I know. ;)
The only time I got to stop running around trying to make sure they didn't fall and break a bone was when I got them in the swings. Then I had to start chugging water because I was basically doing side lunges standing in front of them pushing them non stop for at least 20 minutes.
Grover found this park last summer, and I swear, even though it's been 18 million years since we've been there, they totally remembered it immediately. It really was great to get out and run around with them. Makes me look forward to the warmer weather even more. Definately why I have worked so hard on our backyard. When we got home from the park, they passed out for 2 1/2 hours.
While they napped, I went out front and got some more yard work done. I swear, I will never EVER bitch at Grover again when he goes out and works in the yard for hours and hours. It used to aggrivate me to NO end, but now I completely get that it takes so much time to make the yard look okay. I think that flowers and plants are pretty fun to do, but ACTUAL yardwork... sucks.

I racked up a billion branches in our side front yard/what used to be the front part of the blasted driveway a hundred years ago. I also got the debris out of the "flower bed" that we made in the fall in front of our porch. I actually think that'll be really pretty if by some miracle the flowers bloom.

Finally... and this is where things got funny... I planted our anniversary rose bush. I googled how to successfully plant a rosebush because I desperately don't want to kill this thing. I go to our garage, which you'll remember seeing from the pictures of the backyard. I think the actual name for that thing is carriage house, as in horses are supposed to be kept in it I think. I hate it in there. I feel like big huge creepy crawlers are going to swoop down into my hair. To make matters worse, Grover like put all the yard tools up high so I have to reach to get at them and then dust and crap always falls on top of my head. Anyway, I get a shovel that looks like you're supposed to dig holes with. I take G's advice and dig a hole in front of the house, right in front of what I think is the water meter or something. When I went to start digging I was really suprised at how easily the shovel went in to the grown, and for half a second I was really excited this was going to be easy... until I spotted about 12 of these HUGE earth worms that came up with the first shovel full and about screamed.**Begin Tangent** Which would have been awkward because my neighbors were outside working on their insanely immaculate and gorgeous yard and I'm pretty sure they got a good laugh to begin with seeing me out there trying to make my yard look like at least I've tried. Grover is going to be home in 10 days, I don't want him to think I'm going to let our yard look bad while he's gone because I'm pretty sure he'd be upset about that. **End Tangent**
I suck back the scream and keep digging. then I pull the rose bush out of it's little container and realize I have zero ability to judge how big an object is and how big to make a hole. I'm bracing myself again not to scream because I have to use my hands to put some of the dirt back in the hole and oddly, those HUGE earth worms are no where to be seen... yeah, I don't know, but they were gone and I know I didn't imagine them. In the hole the bush went, the dirt packed in over it and then I watered it. Just to forwarn, bush is a little bit of an overstatement now that it's in the ground. It looked big to me when I it was delivered... but in the ground it's like a little itty bitty baby rose bush. :)
Lesson Learned: I love going to the park and being outside to have fun... not a fan of working outside, and will be looking forward to giving him that job back next summer!
To end the day I went out for drinks with my best friend which was much needed. I think I've come to realize that about four weeks of being at home with the boys and trying to keep up with our schedule and not having any time to myself to relax is my limit. Then I need a few hours out of the house with adults and with VODKA :) Really was a fabulous Sunday.
Until.... dah dah daaaaahhhhh Lysander wakes up with the flu at 2:45 am and I am awake from then until almost 7 am. Poor kid is so pathetic when he's sick. Amazingly, Isaac didn't wake up so he was all kinds of energetic today. Needless to say I can not wait to go to sl.... ZZZZZ ZZZZZ ZZZZZZZ.....

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU AND MY GRANDSONS, WHAT GREAT PHOTOS AND WHAT A GREAT MOTHER. LOVE DAD

    ReplyDelete