Sunday, April 3, 2011

HOP!

Today was a really great Sunday. It started out with waffles and Skype with daddy. The boys ate breakfast and talked to their pops, definately started their day out right. Then, since the waffles included syrup, we took a bath to look all spiffy for our cinematic adventure!
So off to the northside we go to pick up Gigi and pawpaw and go see Hop. We got there in perfect time, right when the previews were starting. I knew that it would be key for them to not wait in the theater for too long before something started on the screen. There were two previews that were pretty good. One for a pixar or dreamworks movie called Rio. Movie about birds, Will.I.Am. is a voice and it was pretty hysterical looking. I can see a dvd in our future. The other, both of my boys sat up right and got very excited about. KUNG FU PANDA 2!!!! That I think we will definately be hitting the theatres for again.
Hop was cute. The boys lost a little bit of interest right around the same time I did. There was about 15-20 minutes in the middle that I think they could have cut, I was definately loosing focus(of course that could have been because I was trying to keep my two and three year old from disturbing the rest of the audience). There was a really cute moment when something "shocking" happened, and Isaac gasped really loudly in the dead silent theater. That got a chuckle from almost everyone in there. The movie got them back in the end and they really enjoyed the popcorn and candy and just the "hugeness" if you will, of it all.
We went back to my mom's house after for a bit. I got my first taste of 3D television. Not a huge fan, but it might have been better if I didn't already have a headache. Pretty amazing how the stuff comes out at you. Definately something your eyes have to get used to.
Now our Sunday is winding down, it's about that time to pick up toys and head upstairs for pj's and bedtime. They say there will be thunderstorms tonight, so I'm expecting a packed bed if it gets severe. Nothing like snuggling up when it's raining and storming!

No comments:

Post a Comment