Thursday, August 25, 2011

R&R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I've been anticipating this for about a week now but for security reasons couldn't write about it, so we'll start from the beginning.

Grover all of a sudden said, "Hey, looks like my leave got approved, I'll be home next week." So of course I get that email and I'm like OVER THE MOON happy about it. You could have knocked me over with a feather I was so surprised. Thankfully, he was coming home right at the end of the busiest two weeks I've had since he's been gone so I didn't have to sit around and watch the minutes tick slowly by. As it was, it seemed to take forever for him to get here before he got here. Then today when he actually arrived I was like, well that was fast. :)

So I'm a little fuzzy on what is OPSEC appropriate here, so all I'll say is this morning, I got a call from him saying he'd be in Indy around 2 and what flight he was on. I was in a mad dash to finish cleaning the downstairs, and then get ready. Right after I got out of the shower I borrowed my laptop from Lysander for a minute(I say my laptop, but what I really mean is the pink laptop I THOUGHT I was buying for myself and actually as it turns out I bought it for my children), and checked the status of his flight. It was totally early. I practically took flight I was moving so fast to get us out of the house after I saw that. No way was I missing meeting him as soon as he got off that flight. What kind of military wife would I be if I just picked him up in baggage claim? We even parked in valet parking because I was in that big of a hurry. Thankfully we arrived right as the plane landed with even a few minutes to spare for the boys to go look at the "big planes mama!".

It was just as I suspected it would be when he arrived. No movie scene for us as GJ can not manage to summon up serious excitement for practically anything but the boys ;) I did give him a hug though and kissed him and was so happy and relieved to see him. Isaac went right up to him and was happy and gave him a hug and exclaimed "dada!" in absolute shock even though he was talking about going to get dada all morning long. Lysander smiled and hugged him but then was pretty much glued to my side for a good ten minutes before he pulled a judas and attatched himself to his daddy. The boys ran around like crazy while we were waiting at baggage claim. It never ceases to amaze me that when I think they are acting like hellions and must be annoying the hell out of everyone around them, their impeccable timing with a smile endears them to every person who crosses their paths. I'm sure it also helped that GJ was in his ACUs and so they understood that these kids must be extra energetic because they are so happy to have their father back. Another returning soldier saw me taking a picture of GJ and the boys and offered to take one of us as a family. Having a picture with me actually in it is a rare thing, so it was nice and it actually was a pretty good photo, minus Lysander literally turning his face completely away in rebellion to me holding him for the shot.

Just as GJ's baggage came out, Lysander totally sprinted away from me and I sprinted after him and he tripped and totally took me down with him. Apparently Isaac and Grover missed this altogether, but I'm pretty sure a few people had a good laugh. My knee however hurts like nobody's business.

We then went and got the truck and went home so GJ could shower and change cloths and have a tall glass of milk, then we met my mom at Wendy's and she bought us a  late lunch which was very sweet of her. GJ was thrilled to have a hamburger and fries. When we came home the boys were wore out from all the excitement, so they layed down to watch Phineas and Ferb.

I'll skip what happened next. ;)

This evening we had pizza and went outside to inspect our garage that had been broken into and apparently a TON of GJ's tools had been stolen. Top priority tomorrow is going to be outside work on securing the back gate because it TOTALLY freaked me out that someone had been back there. GJ is really looking forward to doing some yard work too, and I'm really looking forward to letting him.

Right now the boys are in their beds going to sleep, and G is already passed out beside me. I am completely and totally blissed out right now to have my husband home and the boys in their rooms asleep. I think I may go ahead and have the first good night's rest I've had since March. God Bless and Good Night :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I read it with your voice in my head talking SUPER fast. :) I am very happy he is home with you guys.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete