Sunday, August 21, 2011

Visit to the Grandparent's

This weekend we drove down to Providence, KY to see my Papaw and Mamaw. It's about a four hour drive from my house and of course after driving down to Florida I knew that would be nothing for the boys and I. We left early Saturday morning after loading up the truck. I swear, going anywhere, even if it's just for 36 hours like this trip, it's like moving with children. I do have to say that the last time we went to KY it was when Isaac was only about 9 or so months and that time there was  A LOT more to pack! It gets easier as they get older for sure. It was a nice drive down there. The boys were perfect and time goes pretty fast with my mom in the car with me to chit chat on the way. In fact we were talking so much that we overshot the first turn we had to make by ten miles and ended up crossing into Illinois before we realized it!

We got to my grandparent's about lunch time and had a very nice lunch with the two of them. My Mamaw is a very good cook. The rest of the day we just sat around talking and one of my mother's cousins and her husband came to visit as well. It was nice to see family I don't see very often. The boys always amaze me how they are so adaptable and entertaining. Lysander spent most of the evening downstairs in the guest room watching a movie. I think he was tired from the trip. Isaac on the other hand practically put on a show for everyone. I'm not sure what time we went to bed but I was exhausted when we went to sleep. I believe the boys woke up a bit earlier than I did, and eventually they came down to get me we had breakfast. My grandfather made breakfast. It is nice to see that my grandparents have such a good and loving relationship. They still flirt with eachother. :) Even after 27 years!

The boys were full of energy this morning. Fairly good, but very energetic! We left around lunch time and I think Lysander was ready to go home. I'm not sure Isaac was ready to leave his great grandpa. He enjoyed him a lot. They were very good on the way home as well. Lysander fell asleep for the last hour or so and Isaac got tired of watching movies so we turned on my iPod and he entertained me and gigi with singing along to Muse, Rhianna, and Hendrix. When we are about ten minutes away from home Isaac fell asleep.

It was a nice relaxing evening from then on. I'm very glad that we had an eventful weekend. Things that make the time not feel as if it's dragging on and on are important to us this year. I try to make sure that the boys are always entertained but it is nice to have things that also entertain me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment