Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

I really was looking forward to trick or treating this year. We always go up to my mom's house to trick or treat. Not a big deal in downtown Indianapolis. In fact, I don't even know of anywhere to trick or treat at downtown! So we went up there and I got the boys in their costumes. Lysander was Optimus Prime and Isaac was Bumblebee from Transformers. (side note here, I love the Transformers movies, but it's really aggrivating for me that they like the Transformers now bc of course they want the toys and you have to have a Phd from MIT to be able to transform those stupid toys)


When trick or treating started we went out with Fred. My mom went last year, apparently they are taking turns. I knew that this year would probably be the last year that I could get away with only going out for 30-45 minutes. Next year they are going to want to go out the entire time and I'm going to have to have a cocktail to make it through!
The first house they were a little hesitant about, but then once they got the hang of it, they were off and running and thought it was the greatest thing ever!
I didn't even want to go up to this house because clowns scare the hell out of me, but they weren't phased even in the slightest!

However, Lysander did sprint on out of there after he got his candy!


This house took a little convincing to get them to go up to. They had spooky music and flashing lights and when she opened up the door it was dark inside and smoke poured out. I thought it was awesome,but her whole house must have filled with smoke!

Isaac went after his big brother checked it out and made sure it was okay.


Like I said, thankfully, after going for about a half hour they were ready to go back and eat pizza. We ate pizza and then they played with playdoh. I wanted to watch Scared Shrekless but no one else had any desire to. I was totally exhausted and it got late really quick so we left about 9 or so. The boys both passed out completely in the car on the way home and didn't even wake up when I brought them in and put them in their jammies. I always know it's been a good day when they come all the way in and get changed without even slightly opening their eyes :) Spoooooooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment