Saturday, November 12, 2011

Trip to Florida

The weekend before Halloween, my best friend and I got on a plane to go spend five days celebrating her 30th birthday down in Florida with her family.

Her parents have the most beautiful condo on the Isle of Capri, between Marco and Naples. It was astounding walking in to their condo. Beautifully decorated and very spacious. It has a gorgeous linei(I have no idea how to spell that, but it means deck that looks on to water, I'd like to start calling my porch that, regardless of the lack of water because I like saying that word) The room we slept in has a king sized bed that was THE MOST COMFORTABLE thing I've EVER slept in. I love that bed, and thinking about it makes me a little sad because I miss it.

When we flew in, Stef's mom picked us up, and we went to the biggest outlet mall I've ever seen. It was closing shortly after we got there so we just hit a few shops and then went to dinner. Definitely a good way to kick off our weekend. We went back to the condo and pretty much just curled up in the fabulous bed and watched tv til we passed out. The next day was Stef's actual birthday, so we drove to Delray Beach and met her brother and sister in law at the Marriot there. It was a gorgeous hotel. We had a view of the ocean from our room.


 We went and had lunch and then Stef's mom had booked her and I massages that afternoon. I honestly was so relaxed after that massage I could have passed out for the rest of the day. But we went to Stef's parent's room and they had gotten her a cake and she opened up presents and we all had drinks and then we went down to the pool to sit out in the sun for a bit. After awhile Stef and I went upstairs and spent two hours getting ready for the night. We had a champagne toast to Stef before we went to dinner and then we made our way out.


We had the most amazing dinner at a restaurant called Prime. It was a steak and sushi place. Hand to God, some of the best food I've ever had. The sushi was amazing and we had some appetizers that were to die for.

This is all of us at dinner. Our waiter took this photo and I really wish we would have thought to get a picture of him. When we introduced himself he said his name and then also that some people like to call him Robert Downey Jr. I hadn't really looked at him when he said that, but when I looked up, I could have died, he looked EXACTLY like Robert Downey Jr. Like, had I seen him on the street, I would have thought it was the actor. It was amazing.



We spent the rest of the night at two different bars. The first was called the Office I think. It was pretty cool, very hip. It was a restaurant too, but there was standing room at the bar. I have to break here to say that Stef' sister in law is pregnant, and she was totally awesome the whole night. When I was pregnant, there is NO way I would have gone out with a bunch of people intent on getting drunk. But she was more than a trooper, she actually enjoyed herself. I wish I was that kind of selfless. ;)

The second place we went to was a bar called Caliente. It had 275 different kinds of Tequila. It was a pretty awesome little club, but the DJ kinda sucked. He was playing great music, but he would only play like 30 seconds of each song. His "mixing" left a little to be desired. We stayed there for awhile, but eventually grew tired of it, and decided to head back to the hotel. There weren't too many places that were non smoking for Stef's sister in law, so we just headed back to the room.

The rest of the weekend we did pretty much three things. Shopping, laying out by the pool, and eating. We went back to Stef's parents' condo the day after her birthday. It really was a perfect vacation. No time constraints, no worries, just relaxing. I missed the kids and I know she missed hers too, but it was much needed after a very stressful year for both of us. We definitely came back with WAY more than we went there with. It was hilarious how much stuff we had in our suitcases. Stef had to take some out and put some of it in our carry ons to make sure hers was under 50 lbs!

 So that was our jaunt down to Florida. I had a great time and I'm so glad I was there to celebrate my best friend's 30th birthday. May this be her best decade yet. I love you mama!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment